Making hard-cooked eggs is easy! Just pick your favorite method below. (And remember – no matter which method you use, the easiest way to peel them is with the ice water plunge!)
- Place eggs in pot in a single layer.
- Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch.
- Heat over high heat just to boiling.
- Remove from burner and cover pot.
- Let eggs stand for about 12 minutes.
- Use a steamer or pot you can fit a steaming basket in.
- Bring a small amount of water to a boil in the bottom of the pot.
- Place the eggs in the steaming basket.
- Steam the eggs for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Put 1 egg in each of 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.