Eggs aren’t just for breakfast, you know! A creamy egg custard is a great dessert. You might even want to eat it before the meal!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla together in a bowl until completely combined.
- Pour egg mixture into 6 custard cups; sprinkle tops with nutmeg.
- Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with enough hot water to reach halfway up sides of the custard cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custards are set, about 1 hour. Cool completely.