A little presentation magic can add a whole new experience to the traditional morning egg.
- 1 slice of your favorite kind of bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- With a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, press a hole in the center of the bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, melt in butter. Place bread in skillet and crack egg straight into the center of the hole.
- Cook until egg sets a bit on the bottom, 30 to 45 seconds. Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper.
- After about a minute, flip egg and bread over with a spatula. Salt and pepper the other side.
- Move the whole piece of toast around the skillet, soaking up the butter. Let it cook until the yolk feels soft and the bread is golden brown.